Linking those who can’t afford clothes with those who can.
What we’re doing…
This year, Clothes-on-line is teaming up with Manthan, a community based organisation
working in 30 villages around the Sambhar Salt Lake in Rajasthan. Building on the
informal efforts of preceding years, this year, Clothes-on-line will assist 350
families in hamlets around the Lake. These families belong to nomadic communities that
are socially and economically isolated. Most of them live in temporary shelters and have
neither land nor resources to build homes.
Their living conditions make children and elders particularly vulnerable, especially in
winter, when night temperatures often drop to freezing point.
And here’s what we want to do:
Clothes-on-line will provide quilts and
warm clothes to the elders and children
in these 350 families, in the quantities
Razais (quilts): 600
Baby clothes (0-3):35 Girls, 49 Boys
Jackets/Sweaters for children (4-10):
87 Girls, 68 boys
Jackets/sweaters for children (11-14):
23 girls, 31 boys
Shawls & sweaters for young women
Jackets/sweaters for young men(15-20): 25
Shawls/light blankets for:108 women 126 men
Shawls/coats for men: 126
We can’t do this alone
we welcome Contributions in kind:
• Old cotton saris, dupattas, curtains, bedspreads, bedsheets, table cloths, material
that we will convert into quilt covers.
• Warm clothes in good condition: jackets, coats, sweaters
• Woolen shawls/light blankets for the elderly men and women
Monetary contributions for:
• New Quilts @ Rs325
• Filling for Quilt Covers made from Donated Materials @ Rs 150
• Baby clothes @ Rs 100 a set
• Jackets/Sweaters for young people @Rs 150
• Shawls/light blankets for adults @ Rs 150
• Cheques payable to “Foundation for Rural Recovery and Development”.
• Please do not forget to send your name, contact details and PAN number along with
• Please mail/courier your cheques/drop off material at:
FORRAD, Second Floor,124 – A/6
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi - 110 016
• Call us between 10 am and 5:30 pm
Monday – Friday at 26852476
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will
organize for the materials to be picked up.
• All monetary contributions are exempt from
Income Tax under Section 80G (5) (vi) of the
Income Tax Act
Clothes-on-line is a FORRAD initiative. A nonprofit
organisation based in Delhi, FORRAD has
been working in the field of rural development
for the past 30 years.